Inspired by Norse mythology, Northgard is a real-time strategy game where a Vikings clan tries to take control over a wild continent. After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard. The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods. That is, if they can survive the dire wolves and undead warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North. Northgard was first released on PC in March 7, 2018. Console versions followed with releases on the Xbox One in September 24, 2019, Nintendo Switch in September 26, 2019, and PlayStation 4 on October 3, 2019. A mobile version is scheduled to release for iOS devices this April 13, 2021.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster…)
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading…)
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Enjoy dedicated servers and grind the ranks to reach the final Norse God rank!
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
“It’s an impressively well-made thing, a finely-embroidered cloak of an RTS with all the elements sewn together in a pleasing and sensible way.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Northgard’s laid-back approach to RTS is highly entertaining, and it makes the game one of the most engaging experiences we’ve had with the genre.”
9/10 – Game Reactor
“Every game is fat with potential, helped in great part by a map generator that spits out a brilliant array of as-good-as-bespoke battlefields.”
84/100 – PC Gamer